Condominium Management Calgary
If you plan on being away from your suite for an extended period of time, take the necessary precautions to ensure that no damage will occur in your absence.
- Close all windows and make sure your thermostat is set to at least 18 degrees (important during winter!).
- Turn off and unplug any unnecessary electrical appliances including chargers, computers, entertainment systems, etc…
- Close domestic water shut-off valves to toilets, sinks, and laundry machine taps. Do not close any shut-off valves that will affect other suites (If you are unsure then ask)!
- Lock your doors and leave a key with a friend or neighbor (or condominium management company) in case of an emergency. If your car will be left in the condominium parkade or parking lot, leave a car key as well.
- Let your condominium manager know who they can contact in your absence.
- For extended absences, have someone check the suite periodically.
- Check your condominium bylaws, house rules, and insurance policies for specific clauses regarding empty suites.